Search This Blog

Saturday 11 September 2010

Mac: No display

Not in any way related to the post about the Nintendo DS display not working, but a few Saturdays back I was using the Mac, knowing I was using battery power and it would soon shut down.

The Mac duly did shut down. But when I turned it on again (connected to a power supply) I had no display, even though I could hear the hard drive doing its bit. Hmm, I thought, OK, this could be I'd so exhausted the battery it needs to recover first.

I went out for a few hours, leaving it to charge, and on my return the situation was no better. On another machine, I googled and found this - http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2377




































Fortunately I am not too far from an Apple Store, so I was able to book a Genius Bar appointment the same evening. They confirmed this was the issue, and three days later I went to collect my Mac. And very fortunate it was that the cost was met by NVIDIA.